[Shotimes] brakes

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:06:31 -0600

Don:
 One other point. When using the brake pedal to bleed the brakes, especially
on a high mileage car with the original master cylinder, you are pushing the
pedal farther down than when normally using the brakes. This forces the
rubber cups inside the master cylinder thru all the crud that builds up in
the master cylinder over time. This can/might cause you to replace the M/C
shortly after bleeding (It's about $200 too!). Two ways around this. Don't
use the brake pedal to bleed or what I find the easiest. Put a block of wood
under the brake pedal when bleeding so you don't push the pedal all the way
to the floor. Also be sure and flush the brakes at least yearly. I am now a
firm believer in this because of the list!!
.
.