[Shotimes] Re: Bought a '99!

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:35:09 -0600

>From what I understand, the maintenance is less on the V8's. Part of that may
be that they are newer. The big problem areas are:

1. Cams
2. Transmission (big surprise)
3. COP (coil on plug) misfires. The back 4 are a pain to replace.
4. Motor is an interference motor which means if there is a cam problem, the
motor will most likely be toast.
--

Paul L Fisher
'93 Ford Taurus SHO Crimson Clearcoat ATX 180K Build date 11/18/1992

SHO Club member http://www.shoclub.com/
Check out my web site http://www.paul-fisher.com/
Amsoil dealer http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil.htm