[Shotimes] ABS

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:12:13 -0600

Joe:
 Maybe bleeding the ABS would help but I think your problem is elsewhere.
This indicates too large of a gap from the ABS sensor to the sensor ring.
(No Conehead jokes!) There is no adjustment and I can't find the
specification. But check that the sensors are fully seated and no crud on
the face of the sensor. Also the rings can get cracked. Make sure none of
the rings are misaligned and running true. The rings are pressed on the CV
axle. Check for dings or damage to the sensor rings too. They need to have a
good sharp profile or as the wheel slows the signal gets very small and
close to zero when the vehicle comes to a stop. The ABS computer thinks one
or more of your wheels is sliding and kicks the ABS in.
.
.

> > van Oss said:
> >> I just got the ABS working again in my 91.  It was out for a while
because
> >> the right-front sensor cable got loose and was worn through by rubbing
> >> against the serpentine belt.
> >>
> >> I'm noticing that in the last two seconds before I come to a stop, the
ABS