[Shotimes] SHO Front springs

Mike Murphy murphymike@hotmail.com
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:27:19 +0000

The cargo coils top three  or so coils are nice and swishy....designed to
improve the ride.  Most of the stiffness is in the progressive lower part.

A fellow sho Texas guy has already put these sized cut coils on his car.  He
is very happy and the ride height is comparable to the Eibachs.

I have yet to ride in his car but it looks good and the "push down test"
seemed  stiff.

Murph

From: "George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net>
To: "shotimes@autox.team.net" <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] SHO Front springs
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:22:46 -0800

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:20:59 +0000, Mike Murphy wrote:

 >I'll let you guys know this week how it looks.

A coil and a half is a lot for the front....I cut about that much off my
original
fronts, and that started the 'Lowrider' legend....it looked great...the top
of the
tire was even with the bottom of the fender, but the subframe hit the ground
all the
time, the bumper cover took fatal hits from curbs and driveways, and the
axles
screamed and yelled about being bent too far.....see '90 Helms, page 15-22-5
for a
discussion.

George