[Shotimes] Removing lower ball joint

Erik masho95@charter.net
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:40:56 -0500

Here's the deal... doing an engine swap on an 89 and everything is ready to
go, except when starting to lift the engine we noticed tranny fluid leaking
from the passenger side axle.  I know it says to remove that axle before
pulling the engine but I just thought they said that for clearance issues and
I didn't see a problem with it.  So we got the tie rod end and sway bar end
link off but the lower ball joint DOESN'T want to come out of the knuckle.
Car is current supported on the passenger side subframe only with the wheel
off, but I don't see that as an issue for it not coming out?  Does is sound
like we're going to need a pickle fork or whatever tool to seperate the
knuckle where the ball joint goes through the subframe??  Any ideas or
suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks!