[Shotimes] Removing lower ball joint

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:58:37 -0600

What I did was pull the bolt out, put a screwdriver in the slot, put the
bolt back in backwards and tighten. The bolt then pushes against the
screwdriver blade and spreads the knuckle.

Paul L Fisher

1999 Ford Taurus SHO TR - Stock. (Kirk'ed coming soon)
1993 Ford Taurus SHO with some stuff. For sale soon.

See information about my '93! http://www.paul-fisher.com/SHO

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Erik
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 3:41 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Removing lower ball joint

Here's the deal... doing an engine swap on an 89 and everything is ready to
go, except when starting to lift the engine we noticed tranny fluid leaking
from the passenger side axle.  I know it says to remove that axle before
pulling the engine but I just thought they said that for clearance issues
and
I didn't see a problem with it.  So we got the tie rod end and sway bar end
link off but the lower ball joint DOESN'T want to come out of the knuckle.
Car is current supported on the passenger side subframe only with the wheel
off, but I don't see that as an issue for it not coming out?  Does is sound
like we're going to need a pickle fork or whatever tool to seperate the
knuckle where the ball joint goes through the subframe??  Any ideas or
suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks!