[Shotimes] Trunk Weatherstripping

George Fourchy krazgeo@jps.net
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:31:10 -0800

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:10:29 -0800 (PST), Eric Keller wrote:

>I need the weatherstripping for the trunk of my '90
>SHO.  Anyone know where you can buy a new one?  If
>not, anyone have a good used one?

Hit the yards.  I am collecting weatherstripping for all the doors and the trunk
every time I go to PnP.  You can get a very nice one for between 5 and 10 bucks.
New, they are about 50, if you can find one (Lowrider has a new one).  You might
want to get several, if you can find them, for the future.

Out of 10 average undamaged Tauri (cars not in collisions) in the yard, you should
be able to get at least one good piece for each location.  For the rear doors, you
might find 3 or 4 out of the 10 cars.  The driver's door is the hardest one to find
in good shape....everyone (even petite women) rubs the latch area with their
backsides when they get in and out, just like the seat bolsters, and that will tear
them over time.

George