[Shotimes] Fw: !!PLEASE READ Y pipe warpspeed!!

Mark Nunnally Mark Nunnally" <marknunnally@JoiMail.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:10:30 -0500

> He is also going to start using metallic substrate
> cats which are smaller, light off faster, flow a
> little better and more importantly are a bit more
> durable than standard cats (ie carsound, etc). I know
> that many of us have suffered cat problems from
> aftermarket pipes so this might be a nice solution.

Good call.  I killed the motor in the 92, due to a PP+ pipe ceramic cat that
broke apart (street driving, less than 25k).

> What I need to know: based on what I have leard this
> week, aftermarket hipo Y pipes for our car are
> generally 2.25" and the factory is 2.00 correct? Is
> this what we want? Do we also want equal length pipes
> like the SHOshop pipe or do we want something like the
> P+ pipe?

The PP pipes use T304 stainless, .083" wall and 2.25" dia.  The SS pipes use
.065" wall IIRC, and are lighter.  I'd be interested in a light .065" wall
catless unit for my open track 89.  Stock OEM pipe routing (same as the old
PP+), the SS unit gets in the way of the oil drain plug.

mark