[Shotimes] OT - SC Vacation

Marc Randolph gsf1299@speedfactory.net
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 08:18:57 -0500

OK, here's a fair story,

I was 19 and my bud and I went to the Knoxville Worlds Fair, I guess 1982,
in my VW Beetle. This was a ride from NJ and it was hot as blazes. After
Knoxville and a check of the very fine Bud pavillion, Fort Lauderdale to
roast a bit and then back through Daytona and Virginia Beach. I was a sun
worshipper.

Anyway, after replacing a clutch cable in Daytona and heading north, the car
begins to buck, like someone killing the ignition. I couldn't find a thing
on it so we kept on. We'd floor it down the hills to get to the top of the
next so I was making better than 75 heading down in a 55 zone.

South Carolina's finest pulled me over and I told him the car wasn't running
right and I couldn't go any slower down the hills, no kidding. He smiled and
handed me a ticket. I said,"How much will this cost? I only have a $50
traveler's check." He said that would be fine and that's the last I saw of
him. No points were forwarded to NJ.

In  an overnighter in NC, I found the reverese fuse lead grounding on the
fan housing. It's amazing how smooth a beetle can feel after 300 miles of
bucking (and two sets of points).

You can go as fast as you can afford to go.

Marc/GA
almost former 93MTX
97 TR