[Shotimes] OT - SC Vacation

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 08:50:41 -0600

Ron,

Illinois is like most states, the don't pay much attention
to cars going up to about 10 over.  Unless you run up on
them and pass them.  Usually if you run up on one driving
your direction but don't pass them, they won't stop you.

Illinois doesn't use much Lazer outside of the Chicago metro.

NOTE: there is now a LLB (Left Lane Bandit) law in Illinois
that they might enforce.  This applies to open interstates
or limited access four-lanes where there are no LEFT turns
allowed, and outside congested areas.  IN otherwords, the
boonies.  IF someone comes up behind you in the left lane,
and you don't move over (assuming you CAN safely move over,
both lanes full also means the law doesn't apply) within
about a 1/4 mile, you can be ticketed.  The law has always
been stay right except to pass, but the new law has helped
get rid of those that think they can block the left lane as
long as they are going the speed limit.

But, as usual, there will still be LLB's in the state, and
it is and always HAS been legal to pass on the right (not in
the emergency lane) with a signal and reasonable speed.

Don Mallinson