[Shotimes] 98 SHO Engine Failure

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:26:56 -0500

Once the motor is out, its as easy as the earlier gens to repair a head.
Only problem is that w have a chain cover that is ALMOST impossible to
remove in the car. Most should pull the motor out to repair.

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of James White
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 7:11 PM
To: John J. Weidenbenner; Marcus
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] 98 SHO Engine Failure

Sounds like a whole lot of work to tear out and then tear down two bad
motors in order to get one good one!  And with all of the gaskets required,
maybe one out of a wreck would be cheaper and less time comsuming.

But you would, in either case, have to do a cam weld.

Wonder if a cam weld is less costly when the motor is out of the SHO?

I know the Gen IIIs have some really good points, but for me, I am getting
another Gen II MTX.

regards, Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'95 MTX - 279k - lots of mods
'93 MTX - 282k - few mods and starting to rust
buying a '95 MTX - 124k - lots of mods