[Shotimes] Cooling system woes

Justin Schick jschick@aafp.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:34:42 -0600

I'm sure you and the nameless vendor probably have different definitions of "correct". Yours includes the jiggle valve, theirs is probably just that it fits and opens at the right temperature. I'm fairly confident they will not reimburse you for a part that's already been installed and used.

If you are pressed for time, just drill a hole. If not, get the Motorsport or Robert Shaw one with the jiggle valve.

Your symptoms sound like a trapped air pocket. If you keep checking the level and topping it off you'll probably be fine, with or without messing with the thermostat. If you do end up doing the job again, I would suggest replacing the sender for the gauge and boiling the t-stat before installation to be sure it opens up correctly.

Justin Schick
silver 92 SHO in KC MO
201k and counting quickly

>>> "Justin Jones" <dr_jones35@hotmail.com> 01/15/04 10:19AM >>>
Do you think i should ask for the correct thermostat from the vendor. It
came as a thermostat kit, but if they gave me the incorrect thermostat i
believe i should be either given the correct one or reimbursed for the cost
of the T-stat. What do ya'll think?