[Shotimes] Starting Issues

Justin Jones dr_jones35@hotmail.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:26:51 +0000

Kirk,
   No despite friggin' cold weather (for a virginia guy anyways) you haven't
missed anything. Things to check...

1). Bench test both of the starters. I know one of them is a new one but
it'll take them out of the equation. This can be done at any autozone. one
of them may be faulty, or both could be bad?

2). Check your cables. Try swapping out the starter to positive cable as
this one usually goes bad first. Also try dippping the ends of the cables in
battery cleaner or rubbing alcohol. This should take ends out of the
equation. if the cables look bad replace the whole thing with some good
2-4ga cables.

3). CPS? possibly? uhh at this point you've passed my area of expertiese.
Time for a trip to an electrical shop or the 'stealer'. Hope 1 and two solve
your problems.

Doc
93/95 Emerald on Grey ATX
All Options (except a good tranny)