[Shotimes] OT thats a lot of lightning

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 05 Jul 2004 21:34:42 -0500

At 9:30pm central time, standing on my porch in central
Illinois (Peoria) I can see a line of storms coming that is
over the Iowa/Illinois border or maybe a little farthur
east.  Those of you in that area have already seen it, but
from here, it is a VERY tall cloud bank that is behind
totally clear skies.  Since it is night, we should not be
able to see the cloud, but it is very bright because there
is what appears to be constant lightning in the clouds!  Not
just a rapid flash, but a lack of any time between flashes,
or more properly many flashes of lightning all at the same
time, ongoing.

I will be shutting down everything electronic in the house
for a while.  There are severe storm warnings and tornado
warnings coming.

Hope everyone is safe.

Don Mallinson