[Shotimes] OT thats a lot of lightning

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@adelphia.net
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:03:17 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Invest in a good UPS for your computer.  Lightning storms are a way of
life down here in FL and we are into that time of year where these occur
on a daily afternoon basis.  The normal pattern seems to be that the
electricity will get whacked for seconds or in some cases minutes, but the
broadband connection stays up.  Go figure.  BTW, I usually keep my
networking equipment on a separate UPS from the user computers or server.

: )
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo