[Shotimes] OT thats a lot of lightning

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 22:48:53 -0500

Years ago when our office had a minicomputer and distributed terminals, the
lightning damage to the minicomputer seemed to come from the terminals, i.e.
the lightning would induce currents in the wires going to the terminals, or
it would come through the wall current into the terminals and then down the
wire to the minicomputer.  (I guess this is most likely.)

When we went to a PC server and other PC's networked through 10baseT wiring
we didn't seem to have problems with lightning damage.