[Shotimes] Running Lean in my 90!

Mike Murphy murphymike@hotmail.com
Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:45:29 +0000

Howdy all,

Went to the dyno and found out my motor is running lean.

Have a new 190 fuel pump and fuel filter.  Also have changed plugs, wires
and MAF to no avail. Feels like my motor is lacking umph.

My question is that for the 89/90s they have a high/low voltage switch for
the fuel pump.  Can I bypass the switch so it will run high only?  Would the
switch make the computer wacky with the 190?

When I go WOT and hit my 65shot of juice my a/f goes dangerously lean at
first but comes back down.....but not where it should be.  I'm guessing the
fuel pump is in low voltage then hits the high.

Thanks mucho for help.

Murph