[Shotimes] 96 SHO Brakes

Dave Kegel d.kegel@comcast.net
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:23:07 -0500

Carl,

The numbers on the box are 5984 and 0598.20. I just bought some myself a
few weeks ago.  The counter guy is right, it's no longer a unique SHO
part (actually it never was, the continental used them too).

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Carl Prochilo
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 9:35 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] 96 SHO Brakes

I have this upgrade on my 92.  I want to upgrade the stock Ford pads to
PFCM pads.  I know the size number is stated as 598.  I went to AZ
yesterday to get a set and the had the PFCM pads.  The part number is
6014.  The counter guy said this is not a SHO unique part, and this is
where I got confused.  The SHO just got the standard Taurus front discs?

Separate question.  AZ carries a PFC-Z pad by mail order only.  Is this
pad good for street use or really only suited for track use?
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo