[Shotimes] Gen1 Sable owners?

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:53:47 -0500

Alan Fanning and any other Gen1 Sable owners,

I have a question about Gen1 Sable front corner lamps (a.k.a. side markers,
the ones that mount on the fender).  Please look at this lamp in side view
(profile) and compare it with the side marker on the Gen1 Taurus.  Is the
front edge of the Sable lamp more steeply raked than that of the Taurus?
IOW, did the Gen1 Sable headlamp lens slope more steeply than that of the
Taurus?

I have a Gen1 SHO with Taurus side markers but Sable header panel and
headlamps.  (Why?  That's another thread.)   The Sable headlamps slope much
more steeply than the front edge of the Taurus side markers.  I wonder if
this is because of Sable/Taurus differences (maybe they wanted the Sable to
look sleeker) or whether it's because my car is fairly raked (low front
Eibachs, high rear Cargo Coils) and I've had to tilt out the headlamps to
compensate.

VO