[Shotimes] (OT) SHO replacement

Jarrod Clift clift@chartertn.net
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:09:03 -0400

Your forgetting the 390 lbs-ft of torque though!  That helps offset the
weight.  I wouldn't count the Automobile mag, its always much slower
than everyone else.  The trap speed is 102mph in the C&D car so it makes
since it could hit the 13s.

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Mike Murphy
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 6:19 PM
To: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] (OT) SHO replacement

I'm going to have to call the Car and Driver numbers questionable.

We are talking a 4046 lbs car with 340 crank hp being a 13 second car?!

I dunnoooooo seems a little iffy to me!   Was the track they were
running
have a down hill slant?

here are the numbers that other mags have:

Automobile Magazine:
5.7 L, V-8, 5 speed Automatic
1/4 Mile14.70 sec.

Car and Driver Magazine:
5.7 L, V-8, 5 speed Automatic
1/4 Mile13.90 sec.

Motor Trend Magazine:
5.7 L, V-8, 5 speed Automatic
1/4 Mile14.27 sec.

Source Yahoo Autos

Throw in the Magnum Wagon with more weight.....forgetabout it.

The average Joe driver will hit probably high 14s in the 300C.

Murph