[Shotimes] (OT) SHO replacement

Ron Nottingham ron@v6sho.com
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 09:25:00 -0400

A SHO is a kick-ass engine in a POS Taurus body. It costs as much or more to
modify than my BMW (speaking of which, ALL parts are still available). The
SHO was able to do two things better than my 325. One, it sounds alot better
between 4k-7k rpm. Two, it could run away and hide from my 325 on the
straights (the twisties, fuhgedaboudit, the SHO can handle, but rear drive
will always be better than front drive). Since I put in a 2.7L "i" engine,
the SHO can't pull the 325 as bad.

Sadly, though, the SHO will be missed.... I have already decided to pass her
on when I find a nice 4-door M3 or possible M5 (just not the new V10)

Ron Nottingham - Dalton, GA
90 SHO
89 325i
(OO==00==OO)
"It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenneth" <_cajun_@myway.com>

> Boy,has this thread gotten out of hand.When I 1st posted this several
weeks ago.I made the statement"there is NO car that can replace the SHO.And
there still isn't one made today.A SHO is A SHO.....A souped up Taurus with
a kickass engine.A lexus is a lexus,a bmw is just that a bmw,all this
bullshit about mazada 6 or that crap about a nissian gxe is faster and
handles better,HA!The only car that can replace a SHO is another SHO.

---