[Shotimes] Hold it a minute.....was: Re: SHO replacement

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:55:38 -0700

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 09:25:00 -0400, Ron Nottingham wrote:

>A SHO is a kick-ass engine in a POS Taurus body.

OK......I'm not gonna yell here, but it's not a POS.  It's 'plain-jane'.  There's a
BIG difference between the two terms, and that fact was, and still is, part of the
attraction
of a SHO.

GM pickups and two door coupes from the 70's and 80's were POS's...the doors would
fall off the bodies after a couple of years of duty as ranch trucks, even in
California, with no rust.  The 2 door coupes from that era were the same way.....you
still see them now....Monte Carlos, Firebirds, Camaros....with doors that hang down
and won't latch because the hinges are shot.

I possess 5 Taurus bodies (bought 2 of them new or almost new) myself, and know of
literally dozens of others, SHO and otherwise, whose doors sound the same when they
are shut as they did the day they were built.  The Lowrider is on its way back from
the moon, and was owned by a door slamming druggie for part of its pre 100k mile
life.  It's still the same as new.

Taurus doors are light (relatively)....my '87 Turbo Coupe, long retired, still shuts
its doors exactly the way it did when new.....they're very heavy, and have 200k
miles on the original hinges.  When I first got the Lowrider, I noticed how light
the doors were, and didn't think they'd last like they have.

Anything can be mistreated, but my farmer friends did not mistreat their Chevies,
and after seeing my F350 in 1988, they've had Ford trucks ever since, and love them.

Watch that 'POS' label, please......

George