[Shotimes] Dodged yet ANOTHER bullet yesterday....was: Brakes...was: ......

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:07:04 -0700

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:25:59 -0500, Donald Mallinson wrote:

>Glad the lowrider thought enough of you to wait till you
>were on an empty big road before testing your skills at
>slowing down without brakes.
>
>Back wall of your garage still intact?
>
>:)

LOL!!  I have a slope to my driveway that works as a nice brake.  I'm accustomed to
letting it roll in at a creep, and the emergency brake did the rest.

It's fixed now...just had to replace the one brake line.  I had new ones that came
with the new Wilwood kits.

The same thing happened back in Frederick in 2001.  I was re-changing my LCAs in the
hotel parking lot after the first pair of new ones started creaking bad when I
didn't grease them after installing them.  There is no shoulder on that street just
outside the Hampton Inn, and I had forgotten to pump up the brakes after reassembly.
 It was rush hour.  I was rolling up to the entrance at about 10 mph, with a friend
as a passenger ......we had to air the car out for half an hour!!  LOL!!

...Nuff said!   That was a scary couple of seconds!!!

George