[Shotimes] Hold it a minute.....was: Re: SHO replacement

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:45:48 -0500

So its a Ford?  Mustang owners put up with faults, rust, and
  it is for sure a "Ford".  Doesn't stop them from loving
the car.

You are wrong about the Yamaha decals BTW, that is my
opinion, but the people I have talked to about it, put that
on because they think its fun.  I have them on my SHO's,
because it says something about the car, it is special, and
it has nothing to do with getting the FORD name off the car.
  I may think Ford Corporate sucks for not taking care of
the V8 cam problem like a decent corporate citizen, but I
can still like my "Fords".

What is "so wrong in so many ways" about the Taurus?  It
sold and sells well, and if it was THAT bad, the customers
would not be there.  Plain and simple.

The paragraph you quote just confirms what I have always
said, from day one of starting the Peoria SHO Registry
chapter in 1991, and still today:  SHO owners understand the
faults and contradictions and everything else, but still
love driving the car.  It is the DRIVING that is the proof
that the SHO (and to a slightly lesser degree the regular
Taurus) is a great car.

I mean it.  It is a great car.  Greatness can come in a lot
of degrees.  It was a top seller.  It set the standard for
ride quality and "feel" in 1986 and still holds up well
today.  Something can be great and still be flawed.  I don't
know of anything that is perfect, certainly not anything
made by a human.

Don