[Shotimes] Cooling Problem

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:12:58 -0500

Was it burped? One way to verify is to remove the one wire temp sender and
start the car until coolant come out. Another way is to disconnect one of
the small coolant lines going up to the intake.

Thermostat in the correct direction?

Paul L Fisher

1999 Ford Taurus SHO TR 66K - Kirk'ed 2/29/04.

 - Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30
 - Amsoil TS-124 Oiled Foam air filter

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of rcedelman@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 11:38 AM
To: Kevin & Cheryl Airth
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Cooling Problem

Original radiator, yes. Cap, fluid, and all hoses changed, along with the
thermostat, when I put a new waterpump in March '03. I do run warm in
traffic, open highway is fine, unless I turn on the a/c, and even then the
engine temp starts to climb. I don't have to replace the fluid at all and
I'm not getting any antifreeze smell, so I haven't even thought that I
screwed up the water pump, heh.

I'll go out to my car on lunch and see if there's any debris by the a/c
condenser, and maybe price a new radiator.

> Rich:
>  If the fan is running at all, maybe you have some clogging in the
radiator.
> This is very common on cars that don't have the anti-freeze changed
regular.
> Any idea when it was last changed? Radiator still original? Have you
changed
> the radiator cap? They are almost always bad and if yours is not holding
the
> correct pressure in the system, cooling will suffer. How old is the
> thermostat? Are you starting to run warm in traffic or what is the exact
> problem? Lastly check for debris, especially between A/C condenser and the
> radiator. It's not that big of a space and I have seen a good bit junk
> collect there!
> .
> .
>

> > Well, I just went and ran the EEC tests. Again, no codes, but that's
fine
> as there's no codes for the fans, heh.
> >
> > Anyway, the fans came on and I heard the higher speed, but it wasn't
very
> loud at all, seemed kind of weak to me actually. I remember the higher fan
> speed being reasonably loud.
> >
> > Anyone in the Kansas City area with an ATX SHO by chance?
> >

> > > Rich:
> > >  Run the EEC-IV test. This will cycle the ATX fan thru it's different
> > > speeds. If you don't hear the higher speed you may have lost one of
the
> 2
> > > fans. It may be the fan motor or the relay box. Can you find another
ATX