[Shotimes] Hold it a minute.....was: Re: SHO replacement

Ron Nottingham ron@v6sho.com
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:51:00 -0400

I haven't sold the SHO yet. I still haven't found the replacement... I still
love my SHO, don't get me wrong by my comments. It's just when I went to put
new brakes on the BMW, I got larger diameter slotted Brembo disks, Pagid
street/track compound pads, Brembo 4-piston (f) and 2-piston (r) calipers,
and stainless brake lines for $750. That's at all four corners. To get this
kind of brake performance out of an SHO, you would have to spend well over
double that.

Battery in the trunk? Cost $$$ for the SHO, from the factory on the BMW.
Leather? All cracked up on the SHO, even though I have tried to keep it in
good shape, but still looks new on the BMW. From the outside, it looks like
any other Taurus. But once inside (I love the seats!!!) and the engine turns
over and settles down, then pull out onto the street and rev that
Yamaha...... I love the sound the Yamaha makes. Just before the tach sweeps
past 4k rpm, and the secondaries kick in is just lovely. Screaming all the
way to 7k. What a rush!!!!

But alas... all drives must come to an end. I get out... and that GT40 I was
in suddenly turns into a Taurus again....

When I do find the BMW that shouts my name, be it an M3 4-door, or early M5
(88 or early 90's), I will pass my SHO on to someone that would take care of
her. She has given me lots of joy, and I will sadly miss her. She warmed my
heart, even after I had put her pasture after I bought my E30 M3. When my
E30 M3 was totalled out, she was there to mend my broken heart.

Many have also taken my comment on POS Taurus to a bad light. The overall
body, chassis, etc is good, but it's a Taurus body. It does not illicit any
passion in its looks. The Taurus looks good, is pleasing to the eye, but it
doesn't stir any emotions.

Ron Nottingham - Dalton, GA
90 SHO
89 325i
(OO==00==OO)
"It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile"