[Shotimes] SEMI OT SHO replacement and my Ramblings on the subject

DAVE cobraii976@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 00:42:29 -0700 (PDT)

With all the talk of SHO replacement out there and the POS threads etc it got me to thinking of SHO replacement.
And all I can come up with is the car may be replacable but not the people who own them. When I owned my orginal SHO back in 94 and it got totalled I was pretty much done with the 4 door thing. I was single and the Mustang was my only desire. Now 10 years later with a wife and two kids seems my passions have turned from the Mustang to what alot of people call and outdated car. And that's fine it's outdated and I guess I am too.
But in the 8 months I've had the 90........I've met some incredible people that can't be replaced no matter what your driving. When I did Lapeer in May that was my first real SHO outing. Met Ron Porter Hell of a nice guy great all around. Kirk and Fred Anyone who drives to Lapeer from where they did to run that craphole track for fun. Well that's not really about the car is it? That's about the people involved. Rick Glass has got to be one of the funniest people I've ever met. Everyone that came out to Lapeer that I met were great. You guy's that don't go to the Forum are really missing out on Bill or his user name SHOBill. This guy is a blast and between His 95 and his Son Chris' 90 those are two of the NICEST SHO's around. I hope they both make Indy next year. Then Bill talked me into the BBQ for Chis last Saturday met some more people To bad Chris is leaving there is a wealth of information lost for those of us in Michigan. I wish I could have made California. and knocked a few
 people off my list of who I want to talk to face to face. George Fourchy is one of them. Anyone who has that much passion for a 14 year old car has to be alright maybe not in the head but are any of us who own SHO's? Kris and I have been tossing insults at eachother for months now and If I don't see her and Andy out here at Lapeer I'm gonna have to crash Sheboygan WI.Might do it before then.
So my thinking here is yeah you can buy a BMW and deal with those egomanical aholes. Or a Subaru or anything else you can think of as a "replacement" car. But the real soul of the SHO is the people that own them. George said once the Lexus had no soul because it was an Automatic. I wonder if the Lexus has no soul because the typical Lexus owner uses it as a commuter car to and from work and around town etc. Where the typical SHO owner has a passion for the car and the rush of hunting down that last 14 year old part to make the damn thing perfect and the people you meet along the way?