[Shotimes] Retrofitting A/C

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 19:53:47 -0700

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 00:55:17 -0400, Jonas Diener wrote:

>Though I've looked all over, I can't find the specifications anywhere
>that say how much oil and refrigerant to put in to the system.  Does
>anyone know, or know where or find them?
>
>I understand that when converting from R12 to 134a, one should
>determine the specified amount of R12, and add 80% of that amount of
>134a, and to use the same amount of oil as specified for R12.
>
>Also, I understand I am supposed to hook the charging tool to the
>charging port on the "low side".

Lowrider was converted in July of 2000 by a shop I've been going to for 17 years.
The label says it has 2.19 pounds of R134.  The oil is deffinitely different, but I
cannot read what kind it is.  But there are 8 oz. of oil in the system.

The high side is near the radiator.  The low side is near the firewall, adjacent to
the # 1 cylinder of the engine.  At least that's what the plug colors tell me....the
front one is red, and the back one by the firewall is blue.

George