[Shotimes] exhaust question

Jim and Debbie Leyden jndleyden@mindspring.com
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 19:41:12 -0400

Depends on where you are.  My Wife's has 263,000 on the original exhaust.
But we are in Georgia in the land of No Salt!

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of ROBERT SCHIRMER
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2004 7:16 PM
To: 'TaurusSHO'
Subject: [Shotimes] exhaust question

Guys

I have a '93 ATX with 125,000 on the original exhaust system. How long do
these original Ford exhaust systems last? Do you typically have the problems
first with the Cats, versus the muffler?? Am I living on borrowed time??

If I want to upgrade the exhaust, should I upgrade the front part first (Y
pipe and cats), or do the back part first (mufflers). It looks like just the
front part of the exhaust system is $575 at performance plus (they says its
2 1/4 inch mandrel bent T-304 stainless steel, with High flow cats. 33%
increase over the airflow in the original Y-pipe)

Thoughts???
Bob

---