[Shotimes] exhaust question

James F. Ryan III av8r567@optonline.net
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:01:52 -0400

Bob,

It was proven by the SHO Shop that the cat-back exhaust did not offer
any worthwhile power increase (4 HP???), and Borla's claim of BIG power
gains was also proven to be false.

You're likely feeling a performance gain merely because you're pushing
the Go pedal further to the floor just to hear the "new" sweet sound of
your engine.

Jim Ryan
'91 PLUS - all white/mocha with fiberglass hood, rod shifter, & rear
spoiler

255 Lph fuel pump, SHO Shop horn, 55mm MAF, K&N panel filter, SHO Shop
HiFlow Y-pipe & cat-back exhaust, SHO Shop underdrive pulleys, SHO Shop
HiRevs Jr clutch & steel billet LiteWeight flywheel, reinforced engine &
trans mounts, SHO Shop TQ limiters, FPS '96 SHO front brakes, Carbotech
F brake pads, Nook's full-body SFCs, Koni adj struts, SHO Shop linear
springs, 24mm FSB, 26mm RSB, SHO Shop steel f&r STBs, Bridgestone
Potenza RE-730 225/55-16, CATZ MSP fog lights, police grille