[Shotimes] 2 SHO's 2 Problems 2 much damn money

DAVE cobraii976@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:36:28 -0700 (PDT)

Don,

I thought it might have been junk yard markings at first too. execpt it coinsides with the reciepts found in the car. And today I had to change the under hood light and noticed a sheet of paper stuck up there so I pulled the pad down and found a list of everything ever done to the car and who did it. Water Pump Timing Belt CPS were done 9/27/03 at Troy Ford. The upper 60K was done at the same time by the PO. Now I just wish he would have wrote the mileage down too.
Dave
Donald Mallinson <dmall@mwonline.net> wrote:
Dave,

It is common for wrecking yards/junkyards/recyclers to date
parts in that way. That tells them when they GOT the part,
not when it was made or installed. Chances are these are
used parts of unknown age, but there should be some casting
numbers that will tell you the real date they were made.

Don Mallinson

DAVE wrote:
> the whoever did the 90 last time dated all the parts and they all dated 9/27/03
> S ir anyone is in the market for a slighty used 3.0
water pump well I got an extra.