[Shotimes] ATX Tranny Problems

Rick Glass rick@pitroadproducts.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:05:43 -0500

The only help I can offer is....if all else fails, find a way to jack the
SHO up high enough to push the dolly under it rather than rolling it up on
it.  May not be easy, but at least it will get you home.

Rick Glass
   Nashville, TN
   SESHOC
'99 Silver 49k (these freakin' things add up fast)
   Flowmaster 40's
   no "pre-muff"/no resonator
   still not Kirk'd
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathon Beisler" <brokensho@yahoo.com>
To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 10:58 AM
Subject: [Shotimes] ATX Tranny Problems

> If any of you received this twice, I apologize.  I have not seen it show
up on the archives and I am starting to get desperate with this car.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks again...
>
> Greetings all,
> This is Jonathon usually posting from Jax, FL but I am currently in
Orlando with, as my temporary web address states, a broken SHO and I need
some help if it's out there.  I have a 94 ATX.  Drove down to Orlando, no
problem, parked in a garage and when I came out to the car four hours later,
it would not come out of Park.  OK, thought it was the BOO switch.  Replaced
that with a eight dollar part and still no go.  I have no brake lights, and
I can't get the car out of park.  It runs fine, everything else works,
except for the cruise which went out on the way down here.  I don't know if
these two problems are connected, I don't know if the tranny is shot or if
it's electrical or what.  I don't expect to fix it easily as I have been
cursing this thing for two days.  What I want to do is get it into neutral
so that I can get it onto the dolly I am going to rent and tow it back to
Jacksonville to my garage were I actually have tools and a jack, etc.
Unless there is a simple thi!
> ng that I
>  am missing, could someone tell me a way to get this stupid damned car out
of park!?  I can't see anything simple like a lock out switch that every
other automatic I have ever owned has.  Am I missing something?  I sure hope
someone has some suggestions.  If anybody does and could call me on my cell
that would be great.  The number is 904.505.4534.  Or you can reply directly
to this email account.  I am going to get on the digest too from this
account but I don't know when I will be able to get back to it as this is an
office computer in my training center.  Oh what fun I'm having.  Thanks in
advance for any help that I can get.  Help a semi-stranded SHO owner out!