[Shotimes] Justin Schick, you should read this

Patty Doyle snowwind1990@yahoo.com
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 17:49:02 -0700 (PDT)

You have to access the pcm with a scan tool. It has to be a pcm that was already programmed to your vehicle. The scan tool takes data from the old pcm and downloads it to the new pcm. Tech slang for this is inhale/exhale. Getting another pcm won't solve the problem, as the one you have was not prgrammed. The car's VIN must be entered into FMC website, and the as built data is obtained. Then you must enter the as built data into the replacement pcm. Unless you have the proper scan tool that will allow you to do this, and unless you have the as built data, it's unlikely you'll be able to do this yourself. I suggest you bite the bullet, pay the dealership the hour or so, (shouldn't be more than that), and get it done properly.

\
comments from a thread regarding replacing the PCM (from a FoMoCo tech at their web site))).........huh?  I didn't know the dealer HAD to be our friend again.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/snowwind
1990 White S H O:    Snowwind:  @319K..very stock, very OEM
1991 Black S H O:    Bart:  @212K ..not stock, not very OEM