[Shotimes] RE: Well, I did it (bye bye SHO, hello STi)

Steve Tatro Steve Tatro <stevetatro_shotimes@earthlink.net>
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:09:11 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

In your original message didn't you note how expensive the distributor stuff was for the M3 and then note how cheap similar stuff was for the Jeep?  Here, I'll copy the original text:

>I'm contemplating buying a used BMW 3-series, but at $40 for a
>distributor cap and $20 for a distributor rotor....that's a
>pretty big s#%t sandwich to have to take a bite of.
>
>To contrast, I just paid $45 for cap, rotor, and 8 Bosch
>platinum spark plugs for my Jeep Grand Cherokee - from Mopar Perf.

Sorry if I misinterpreted, but it sounded like you were blasting the M3 because the parts were considerably more expensive than those for the Jeep.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought you were trying to make a point by comparing the two.

Take care, and good luck with the M3 if you get one.

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 178k miles
Monroe, Ohio