[Shotimes] What can destroy a cat?

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:46:18 -0500

Although I rally like Amsoil , it sounds to me like a couple of oil changes
on the Castrol GTX Hi Mileage oil are what you need.

Paul Nimz
'97 TR
'93 EG mtx

----- Original Message -----
From: <cmichaelo@optonline.net>
To: "Leigh Smith" <leighsm@comcast.net>
Cc: "shotimes" <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: RE: [Shotimes] What can destroy a cat?

> I've been using the K&N filter that came with the ShoShop 80mm MAF for
about 50k miles. I cleaned it every year. It does have a few "dings", but no
open tears. Some other possibility for direct air to enter the manifold is
at the throttle body where the rubber tube connects. The tube was definately
too big for the TB, but by tightening it hard with the metal ring clamp it
stayed in place.  But frankly I never felt confident that it made air tight
contact to the TB. (Btw, this is the tube that ShoShop supplied the tube.)
For the last 5k miles I've been using the ProFlow 77mm MAF, and everything
is tight with this setup.

> One more things I should let you know is that my oil consumption got
suddenly worse around 90k, going from 3500 miles/gl to 1000miles/gl. This
change happened at the same time I switched from Amsoil 10W30 to Amsoil
0W30. (I've been using 10W30 since 27k.) I kept using Amsoil 0W30 until
100k, then switched back to 10W30. Oil consumption, however, remained at
1000 miles/gl.

> Michael Olsen
> 94MTX,130k,green,BOS+

name of cmichaelo.vcf; charset=windows-1252]