[Shotimes] Well, I did it (bye bye SHO, hello STi)

Justin Schick jschick@aafp.org
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 01:01:19 -0500

Well it seems the flames have died down a bit, just thought I'd add more
input for anyone that wants to know. Why do my post topics always stir
people up?

I'm 26, single with no kids, network engineer by day and gear head by
night. Besides my ill fated SHO (and 1% or so of the new STi), I own a
66 Mustang and an 85 F-150. I rebuilt the 300 in the truck and am 99%
done with a 408 / AOD swap into the Mustang. Cars are my catharsis, its
just what I do. There are very few things nicer than being behind the
wheel of a fantastic automobile. I've never had a brand new car or
warranty and wanted to treat myself when the time came to replace my
daily driver.

I didn't post to gloat, just wanted to let friends know about the
upcoming availability of parts, and to give a proactive answer to the
inevitable "What's next?" question. And to say thanks and bye to a great
bunch of guys (well, most of the time anyway).

Later on,

Justin
silver 92 SHO in KC MO soon to be in pieces
and some other smile inducing rigs

>>> Steve Tatro <stevetatro_shotimes@earthlink.net> 6/21/2004 2:59:45
PM >>>
I wouldn't spend $30k+ on a brand new car to drive around.  There are
better uses for my money (like building equity, investing, retirement
accounts, etc.)  I do tend to spend a bit so the wife has something nice
to drive around.

I think the majority of new cars are purchased merely so the buyer can
say "Guess what, I just bought a new ___!"

I'm not sure but I think the majority of people who make snide comments
toward those who replace their SHOs with something else are just
jealous.  They act happy to be driving around their 10+ year old Fords
but would rather have something newer/faster/nicer.

IMHO, of course ;^)

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 178k miles
Monroe, Ohio