[Shotimes] Loss of power...

fgeorge fgeorge@pacbell.net
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:48:45 -0700

Shane:

'Might try checking electric fuel pump pressure and output volume. That was
the undetected power robbing culprit in my car a few years ago.

Fred
----- Original Message -----
From: "Shane Graham" <sgraham88@sbcglobal.net>
To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 8:44 PM
Subject: [Shotimes] Loss of power...

> Hello All,
>
> I am a new member of the site.  I have owned a 91' SHO MTX for about 2
years.  I have done quite a bit of work to it since I have it, but enjoy
working on it.  It has 130,000 miles on it.  I have a problem that I cannot
figure out and need some help.  The car intermittently will lose power when
driving.  It doesn't always happen either.  One day it could be fine, but
the next day it may act up all the way to work.  It's like it loses 50% of
it's power.  I can still drive it, but it is awkward.  And it will sometimes
lose the power in pulses.  Like it will have full power for a split second
and then lose it again.  It almost acts like it is being starved of air,
getting to much fuel, or losing a few cylinders.  The tach does not drop to
zero indicating a CPS problem ( I changed it and the Cam sensor about a year
ago).  When I am idling in this state, the motor drops to 800 RPM and runs
rough.  I have changed the fuel filter, swapped MAF sensors, put new
Motorcraft plugs in, n!
> ew plug
>  wires, and put new valve cover gaskets and plug seals in (had lots of oil
in the spark plug wells).  I am puzzled on what it could be.  There is also
NO engine light coming on.  On one day I can race a Camaro and on the next I
could get beat by a Yugo!  If anyone has any idea what it could be, I would
greatly appreciate their time and advice!