[Shotimes] Re: NASCAR numbnuts

Rick5638@aol.com Rick5638@aol.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 15:40:41 EDT

I'm not a big fan of NASCAR myself but the hard cold fact here is that not
only NASCAR but many other Motor Sports are dominated by "White Males" your
simply stating the obvious and raising an issue thats not really an issue. Its
like making the statement that the NBA or Boxing for that matter dosen't promote
ethnic diversity. Are there " White Males" in those sports, sure but the
overwhelming majority is non "White Males."
Lets face it, NASCAR is doing something right based on its sheer numbers of
followers. Its been THE or one of THE fastest growing sports by numbers for the
past 2-3 years. Do you think for 1 second that if NASCAR could field an
African American team that was competitve it wouldn't explode in growth again? I'm
sure they would lose some of the hard core faithful but the growth would far
out weigh the loss. To Imply a SPORT like NASCAR is somehow a racist
organization in any sense is simply an ignorant statement without facts to support such
a strong accusation.

just my 2 cents worth.

Rick
95 ATX