[Shotimes] RE: OT Subarus and turbos and stuff ...

Viggen greyviggen@yahoo.com
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:26:52 -0700 (PDT)

   Well, this is why I usually lurk and don't speak up. ;)
I wasn't wrong, but I didn't get it totally right either.
Mr. Nottingham got it right : Saab's is an "assymetrical"
turbo design. I knew there was something unique about it,
but it escaped me. Somehow I then inferred from my own
ignorance (now there's a cool trick) that no one else had
used a single turbo on a V-6. And Dave G. reminded me that
even the US had tried a single turbo on a V-6. Time for my
Homer Simpson  DOH! I stand corrected. And he could have
been a lot harsher in his rebuttal, but he wasn't, and it
was much appreciated. It's one of the reasons I like this
bunch so much.

   As for Saab's heritage from Triumph, that is news to me.
I thought Saab's 2.0 block came from a British Ford (the
Cortina, I think) when Saab developed the "99" model, and
modernized from 3-cylinder/2-cycle engines. Could it be
that Ford UK took it's engine design from Triumph? Feel
free to enlighten me once again, Mr. Ron N. But maybe you
should do it off-list, as we're probably boring all these
SHO folks with Saab talk.

Back to Lurk Mode . . .

Todd R.