[Shotimes] 1995 MarkVIII Steering Wheel

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:33:56 -0500

Peter:
 When I have to do this, which I don't like too for the reason's posted. Use
SEM products and follow the directions exactly. SEM specializes in interior
or soft/flexible surface color changes. They have many products and several
very excellent technical papers that you can download for free here.
http://www.sem.ws/technical_info.php

 They are especially good a flexible bumper covering problems. Sometimes
these can be hard to get anything to stick to them! SEM is carried by the
major parts stores BUT they will NOT have everything in their product line
on the shelf and you will need to order a few things. DON'T just get a can
and start "painting"!!

 I will tell you going from a dark to a lighter color is/will be a problem.
My best results were on a Corvette leather steering wheel that I took from
blue to black. I had zero black come off and it is still wearing good 2
years later. As with all coatings proper cleaning and surface preparation is
the key to a long lasting quality job. If you can get the wheel cheap, go
ahead and try it.
.
Ford calls your interior color "Mocha".

I have a Wheelskin from Don and would recommend that over the color change.
I like the fatter wheel also.
.