[Shotimes] Premium sound system question

Barry Hayes Barry@kingcon.com
Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:45:58 -0400

MP3s do not have the same sound quality as cds. Yet they can be recorded

at a higher bit rate and will sound good. Good of course is a relative
term. In the environment of a moving car I can't tell the difference.
Don't forget that fm radio is compressed and cassettes don't have the
full range of a home system either.
I have the non jbl factory system in my car . I wanted to find a cd
player to add but the cost and work became too much. My solution was to
find an after market (SONY) cd walkman and put it in the tray under the
radio. I have a belkin tunecast hooked up and it transmits the sound
from the headphone jack of the cd player to an unused fm band on the
radio, in my case 88.3. Newerteck makes a transmitter that works with
any band and will plug into the lighter. It's not the most elegant
system but I have made MP3 cds with over 100 songs on them and for me
this is working.  I have one for blues, one for Beatles etc. And my good

cds get to stay at home and not get beat up riding around in the car.
I'd rather lose a .50 cent cd than my $18.00 copy of the White Album if
they get stolen or damaged. I can also use the player in my other car
too. So for me this is a good solution.
Barry Hayes

95mtx

--
"It's all in the mind ya know"- George Harrison