[Shotimes] OT: Discovered new "CAR" song for driving

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Sat, 02 Oct 2004 22:40:12 -0500

OK, I don't claim to be a CCR or John Fogerty expert, but I
don't remember hearing the song "Hot Rod Heart" by him till
tonight on Austin City Limits.

Jan and I enjoyed the hour with the sound system turned way
up and John rocking (and not being terribly political) and
sounding good with great chops in the voice and hands.  Had
some great guest musicians including Jerry Douglas on Dobro.

Hot Rod Heart just HAS to be on anyone's next tape or CD
(mp3?) of "Car" Songs.  I guess it is on his new album just
coming out, and I hope it is the same version as was live on
Austin City Limits.

That has to be the best mic'd live TV show ever.  GREAT
sound every week down to the super deep bass fiddle tonight!

Hope a few of you caught it, or will catch it as I think
different PBS stations run it at different days/times.
Catch this one if you can.

Question.  Is there a group out there calling itself
Creedence Clearwater Revival?  BEcause John Fogerty didn't
mention it once tonight, and I would have thought he had
rights to it.  maybe he just doesn't think the band name is
as important as his own name, and that is OK, I am just
wondering if some of the other band members have the name?

Don Mallinson