MP3 Formats....was: RE: [Shotimes] Premium sound (getting OT)

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@adelphia.net
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 15:33:40 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

You're right George, it's not really OT.  Before you start going too crazy
burning CDs, please reconsider the storage medium.  I just made a long
post about this.  The real trick is to get the MP3s.  You'll invest a lot
of time just ripping music.  Once you have them stored on your computer
(make sure you have a backup strategy), you just need a device to playback
those files in your car.  I really like the iPod for this purpose (I have
no stock in Apple).  I will just say that Steve Jobs really hit a home run
with this.  For you George, the added incentive is that the iPod has
stamped on it, "Designed in California".  Probably should have said
"Designed in the Republic of California".  :D
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo