[OT] MP3 Formats....was: RE: [Shotimes] Premium sound

Jon Heese heese@digi-net.com
Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:57:35 -0400

Sounds like you're getting ripped off on optical media.  I buy house
brand 8x DVD+R's as cheaply as $.50 apiece ($25 for a 50pk), even
cheaper for 4x/2x (around $.30 apiece in a 50pk).  If you prefer
name-brand, I've seen TDK and HP DVD+R's at between $.60 and $.80
apiece.  Heck, even DVD-RW's come in at less than $1 if you know where
to look.  If you want to save and you're willing to search for a deal,
try deal-searcher sites like PriceWatch (http://www.pricewatch.com) and
PriceGrabber (http://www.pricegrabber.com) or near-wholesalers like
TigerDirect (http://www.tigerdirect.com) and Global Computer
(http://www.globalcomputer.com).