[Shotimes] Pennsylvania emissions exemptions?

Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:41:11 -0400

Hmm, sounds like I could be screwed.  I'm thinking I like the idea
of getting historical plates here in Ohio first before I move better.
Then deal with any problems associated with that later.

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

-'95 White MTX
   '96 Brake Upgrade

"Avoid the clap." - Jimmy Dugan

shotimes-admin@autox.team.net wrote on 10/08/2004 05:51:19 PM:

> The PA classic plates are for a specific list of makes/models over 15
yrs
> old.  A '77 pickup isn't on the list for classics, but since it is over
25
> yrs old, it can be tagged as an antique.  Antique and classic cars are
still
> subject to state safety inspection. All PA registered cars built in 1975
or
> later are subject to emissions inspection.  A 1977 vehicle will not get
> exhaust tested, but just an emissions "visual" inspection.  That means
they
> check to make sure the pcv, egr, smog pump, cats, etc are all in place
and
> working.
>
> Mike Wojton, if you come to PA you better make friends with a local PA
shop
> owner with an inspection license.  Removed, tampered or inoperating
> emissions components is an automatic failure of PA safety inspection. Of
> course most shops tend to be a bit lenient on some stuff.
>
> http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter175/chap175toc.html ... the
> full PA safety inspection code.
> http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter175/s175.80.html  ... the
> actual safety inspection procedure.
> http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter177/chap177toc.html ... the
> full PA emissions inspection code.
>
> Robert Bruce
> (a PA driver for over 30 yrs & state inspection license holder for over
25
> yrs)
> 93 atx street
> 92 track

it's
> > usuall
> > > 30 bucks..but you have to spend $250 to fix it.. unless the cost is
> > > automatically over $250
> > >
> > > Vehicle is exempt if it is driven less than some mileage per year...
but