[Shotimes] Lifting an engine tranny combo?

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:26:58 -0400

I'm just about to drop my 3.2 and quaifed tranny back into the engine bay.
When I removed the 94's 3.0 it came out very easy using one bolt hole in the
rear and the lift eye. Now when putting it back in I was wantingto use my
handy dandy engine tilter that I got for virtually nothing. Now to do so I
need four points to lift from. I was thinking the bolts for the intake
bracket supports on the heads, but questioned if those four bolts and the
heads for that matter should be capable of supporting the weight of a full
engine with exhaust manifolds, and quaifed (much heavier) tranny?

Anyone out there every lifted via those? I was considering just using 2 of
the intake bracket holes as lift points, and putting the rest of the weight
on the lift eye and other bolt hole in the head in the back, the one that an
exhaust stud fits nice into.

If it's ok to use the intake bracket holes and bolts, I would prolly want to
take a quick drive over to the hardware store and get some higher grade
bolts. anyone know the size and pitch? I want to say M10 1.5 but I'm not
sure.

Bruce J Malachuk

*	94 Opal Frost MTX

*	93 Emerald Green MTX