[Shotimes] Lifting an engine tranny combo?

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:38:46 -0700 (PDT)

Bruce
If you have an engine load leveler, can't it be used
with 2 mounting points, one at diagonal corner?

I have a friend who used to support his SHO motor and
trans by wrapping a chain under the exhaust manifolds.
It worked but I don't recommend it.

If you can get a chain around the engine brackets that
hold the AC compressor and PS pump, they are probably
strong enough to do the job but then the motor becomes
top heavy.

With regard to your bolt question; it depends on what
heads you are using. Pre 93 heads are M12 and earlier
heads are M10. I think that you are using ATX heads
which automatically means they should be M12. IIRC. I
forget the pitch, sorry.

Good luck. The last few motors that I pulled, I used
my teeth anyway..

Ian