[Shotimes] tranny question

Steve Tatro Steve Tatro <stevetatro@gmail.com>
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:15:47 -0400

This isn't to say that you can't get a quality rebuild somewhere else.
 I've put 60k miles on my rebuilt '93 ATX (with the D4U1 'puter) that
was $1400 about 5 years ago from a Danco Transmissions shop here in
the Cincinnati area.

I know *most* people are very happy with their FPS rebuilds.  I can
think of one V8 SHOwner (in particular) that is not.

I don't know what year ATX you have Bob, but if it's a '93 you'll want
to upgrade to a D4U1 computer (from the '94-'95 ATXs) ASAP.

Also, regardless of where you get a rebuild, make sure it has *at
least* a lubrication kit (Transgo, for example) installed.  Also, for
long tranny life you may want to consider adding an aftermarket tranny
cooler.

Good luck,

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 179k miles