[Shotimes] Re: Convention 2004 DVD

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:02:47 -0400

I "thought" I had a shot on the side of the road of Larry, but there were so
many SHO-on-the-side-of-the-road-in-the-desert "Kodak Moments" that I can't
remember them all!!

On an additional note for SHO replacements. The STi is great, especially for
track junkies. Space is a bit limited, though. Better than a Contour SVT (I
can sit in the back of an Impreza), but less than a SHO. I suggest the
Legacy GT (Gee, I wonder why!!). The sedan has the interior & trunk capacity
of a Gen 1/2, wagon has more (comparable to a Gen 3 with the folding rear
seats, plus more height for tall objects). Tuned for more torque down low,
and the manual tranny model runs/feels like a '99-'04 Mustang GT. Plus, the
AWD drive. IMHO, AWD, or one of the better RWD setups in 2nd place, is the
way to go for a performance daily driver. This is what knocked a bunch of
cars out of contention for me, as well as a lack of a manual tranny in many
of them.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Mark Nunnally
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 2:35 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: Convention 2004 DVD

> Also, thanks for the credits on the still photos. One advantage is that I
> still get to see my old black '89 in a bunch of the old footage, and I was
> glad to see that you used the "sunset" shot of it early on. That's one of
my
> favorites, and was from the drive from Dallas back to (then) home in
> Chicago.

Yeah the first couple I know aren't from the years talked about, but I had
no luck coming up with 92-93 era pics.

The pics worked out great though.

> Great job in capturing the "flavor" of the Convention. And Larry Eck
> probably appreciates leaving out the memory of his car puking the engine
in
> the desert on the way home!!

That, and I had no pics of it :)

I think next year if the karting night/championship works out, that's gonna
be the highlight of the video.  We'll mount up 3 or 4 of the lipsticks on
the karts, couple of trackside camera's, and should make for some very
entertaining video :)

mark