[Shotimes] A Tale of Two Cops

MonsieurBoo@aol.com MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:09:52 EDT

OK, there's this 6 lane divided surface street that takes me about 1/3 of
the way to work.  Speed limit is 45, it's actually a pretty calm stretch,
everyone goes 45-50 except the squids.  (Note, this is not a USN  reference!)
Usually hardly any cops unless they're running on a  call.  This morning a bunch
of us were stopped at a light with  a county mountie in the left lane in the
back of our pack.   Light turns green, we slide on down the road at 45.00 mph.
>From  behind, up comes a green 4-door Beamer and perches right on the cop's
bumper.  Then as soon as a space opens up, he cuts over to the right and
starts pulling away from the pack at about a 5mph differential.  Cop pulls  out and
gets behind him, they both slo-o-owly open up a bunch of space from  us.
They're about two blocks ahead when I see the gumballs  come on and the guy gets
hauled over.  Came cruising past 'em, boy the guy  looks pissed.  He might
have been doing 52, if that.  But, he pulled  away from the pack with the cop
right behind him.  Gotta show  SOME street smarts, doc.

Then on the way home, coming back up the same road.  A bunch of us  beat a
light and the road is clear behind us, I'm in the middle lane, this  time at the
front of the pack.  Then I see a new Porsche coming up fast in  the right
lane, he whips in front of me to cut around a car in his lane and  then cuts back
right.  Then the light up ahead changes red and we all  stop.

I do my usual when the light goes green, lean on it up to the speed limit  so
the guy doesn't think he can just sashay away, and then get out of it right
quick.  He's about a car length in front when I let off, but he keeps
jamming.  Then I see a Gen III in his lane coming up really  fast behind us, and I'm
thinking hey, this dude's just gotta  be a SHO and gonna take over for me,
cool!  Next thing I know,  I'm hearing a siren and looking all around but can't
see anything except  regular traffic.  WTF!!  Lo and behold this is an
undercover SHO  with a dash light and hidden siren, pulled the Porsche over and popped
him for  racing.  Me, I'm sitting practically next to them, waiting for him
to  motion me over too.  But I guess I got a little professional  courtesy.  I
was awful glad when my left turn light came on though!

Good to be aware those stealth SHOs are still out there, that's  sure the
first one I've encountered and I bet the Porsche won't be so eager to  show off
next time in front of a dogshit Taurus!

Cheers,
Mark LaBarre
DC
94 atx 125k

heh... well, he was going the other way, and I was  about 500 feet from the
entrance to the base that I'm at right now, and I  saw him stop real fast and
start to turn around, but by that time I was  going through the gate at the
base, and I saw him drive by me as I was  walking out of the parking lot. He
didn't see the car, but I could tell he  wanted me. cops crack me up. He
didn't have his lights on, but I could tell  if he hadn't lost sight of me
going into the shipyard, he woulda flipped 'em  on. I was a maybe more than a
mite scared, though... heh heh heh.